The Christian and Freedom of Choice
Pastor Dennis Whitter speaking.
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery! -The Apostle Paul
“One of the basic urges of the human being is to escape from restriction.” -Anonymous
The Greek word for freedom is “eulotheria”. It is to be translated as freedom or liberty
The Greek word for yoke is zugos. Although sometimes used to describe a balancing scale, it is used here to indicate a yoke, such as the farming device used to join two similar animals together to make work easier and more productive.
The Greek word used here for slave is douleia.
Our individual spiritual condition is a matter of choice.
- I can be a person of doubt, or I can choose to be a person of faith.
- I can be one who encourages others, or one who discourages others.
- I can be a worker, or I can choose to create more work for others.
- I can be a great example to others, or I can choose to be a poor example.
- I can be a worshipper, or I can create excuses and reasons to not worship.
- I can let my light shine, or I can choose to hide it so no one sees it.
- I can be grateful to God and others, or I can choose to be ungrateful.
I can be one who gives freely, or I can choose to let others give for me.
The choices are mine.
Communion involves many choices…
Posted on Sun, July 1, 2018
by Dennis Whitter