King of The Trees
Pastor Dennis Whitter speaking.
8. One day the trees went out to anoint a king for themselves. They said unto the olive tree, ‘Be our king.’
9. But the olive tree answered, ‘Should I give up my oil, by which both gods and humans are honored, to hold sway over the trees?’
10. “Next, the trees said to the fig tree, ‘Come and be our king.’
11. But the fig tree replied, ‘Should I give up my fruit, so good and sweet, to hold sway over the trees?’
12. Then the trees said to the vine, ‘Come and be our king.’
13. “But the vine answered, ‘Should I give up my wine, which cheers both gods and humans, to hold sway over the trees?’
14. “Finally all the trees said to the thornbush, ‘Come and be our king.’
15. “The thornbush said to the trees, ‘If you really want to anoint me king over you, come and take refuge in my shade; BUT IF NOT, THEN LET FIRE COME OUT OF THE THORNBUSH AND CONSUME THE CEDARS OF LEBANON!’ ”
King Olive Tree?
King Fig Tree?
Jesus THE KING!
Posted on Sun, July 8, 2018
by Dennis Whitter